PrepareMCAT Forums Everything About the MCAT How long should I study for the MCAT?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ben16 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ilovemedicine
    Participant

How many hours should I plan to study for the mcat? I feel like there is so much material and I have no idea when I should start studying for it and much time I should put in? I have already registered for the May 6th exam, but I don’t know when I should start hardcore studying?!

jennaxu
    Participant

What I did and what most other students I’ve talked to did was study about 250 hours. I’ve definitely heard that between 200-300 hours total is a good amount. Make sure you don’t overstudy. I would really start studying because people generally suggest 3 months of studying.=)

maryhale
    Participant

200 worked well for me. I would say about that much works, unless you are a slow studier. Make sure to do lots of practice tests for sure

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  maryhale.

ben16
    Participant

I’ve definitely heard from my friends that around 200 hours is the best. I think that it is pretty dependent on how much you know coming in too. So far I’ve been studying like 3 hours a day, 6 days a week and am planning on studying for 3 months, so I guess that comes out to about 200? I feel like I am right on pace with my study schedule and that it is a good amount.

Ben

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.